Thursday, April 26, 2012

Workout #2......Tempo Run



I had quite sore gluteus maximus muscles when I got out of bed this morning!  I trust that means I did the walking lunges well yesterday.

3.5km easy
5km @ 6:16m/k
1.5km easy.

The results for the 5km were :

Time = 32:51
1km splits :  6:12;  6:18;  6:52;  6:45;  6:38
Avg. Pace 6:28m/k

Not quite what I wanted, but as close as I could get to 6:16m/k taking into consideration the cold southerly wind and the few hills in Renwick and also on Inkerman Road; 30km/hr wind gusts according to 'Weatherzone'.

Total today of 10km 

  

2 comments:

  1. Yep, sore muscles are usually a good sign (provided they're not your rib muscles).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sore enough that had I been streak running I would have had enough sense to rest!!

      Delete