Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Workout #1.....Track

With school holidays I was able to use the courtyard of the school and the road outside as a track;  it works quite well except that it's difficult to get the exact finish line right every time; usually just a bit over the distance but not enough to make a significant difference in time.

The Program  :
10-20 min warm-up
6 x 400m in 2:27/6:07m/k
400m RI between each
10 min cool-down.

A very cold and windy start......morning temperature 4 degrees!  Now at mid-day the wind has dropped altogether and the sun wonderfully warm...a perfect winter's day!

2km warm-up + 4 strides
2:28/6:05;  2:27/6:07;  2:24/5:59;  2:28/5:57;  2:26/6:03;  2:17/5:50
1km cool-down.

  Jumping over the connecting shelter was fun!
Total  5.4km
 

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck for the Canberra Half Marathon. I am the woman you inspired many years ago to get active. I am so impressed by your build up to this event and the workload. You must have great concentration.

    I am still riding my bike, but with no particular goal in mind. I have also taken to blogging although without your style and panache. One day I hope to cycle past and call out 'Go Lucky Legs'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Lindseypedals! And that you're still
      cycling is good news also.
      Even if you're not cycling past during Sunday's half marathon, you can still add a cheer for me wherever you are! I'll be sure to need it.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to write to the Dept of Ed and get them to put a ramp over that shelter shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't do that, Ewen! I love the challenge of making that leap over the top!

      Delete