Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cross-training and Backyards......

There is a connection as well as the usual things to be seen when walking ....



Cross-training today :  5km walk

An easy day after yesterday's not so good track session and before tomorrow's as yet unknown tempo run!

It's interesting while walking looking at houses and yards :  such an array from the well-kept to total disaster!  When Jim and I used take the train to Sydney, I often read and always sat at a window seat.  After leaving the countryside, the view from thereon into the city and on the return home was backyards of houses and I used be fascinated by what some of these contained!  Mostly, ordinary things like who had washing out to dry; items hanging out of windows or over balconies;  lawns well kept and those that never were; pets waiting for family to return home; swimming pools, vege patches, aviaries, sometimes chooks and frequently all sorts of junk spilling over everywhere. I just about knew anything that had been changed since our previous trip to the city!  It got so that I used feel concern if washing wasn't out on the usual day; a "For Sale' sign had me wondering why; or the dog sitting at the back door wasn't there!  People and their backyards........I got to know all the backyards;  hardly ever saw people though.

During today's 5km walk I saw many front and back yards!  One I particularly like - a paddock more than a backyard -  has a range of animals : cows, goats, a couple of horses and sheep, dogs and ducks, garbage for the animals and enough junk to sink a ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment