Monday, May 14, 2012

Looking For A Little Hill.....

The Little Hill!


That's what had to find this morning.......a short, steep hill for some cross-training, and I didn't have to look far.  Hills are everywhere but finding exactly the right hill for a particular training session can sometimes be difficult.  However, in the new Renwick housing development, Landcom have conveniently set out some long and short hills.......just what I needed today and enough distance from the school where I park for a warm-up.

Today I was looking for something short and steep, and there it was right in the way of an icy, arctic wind.....Cold enough for frostbite.....Eek!!

.
"They tell me it's cold outside!"

Cross-training : Magill short hill repeats.
 10 seconds run up at 90-95% effort 
Walk back, walk around and then run up again and again....8 times!

I was keen to finish and get out of the wind asap!   Fifteen minutes jog before and after the hills....about 40 minutes cross-training to start another week.
 

 











2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great short hill! Yes, it is/was cold outside! Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found an even better short hill on the jog back to the car, just across the road from today's; next time!

      Delete