Thursday, May 03, 2012

Sluggish? Not Today!

Those two drills and strides I wrote about two days ago actually work!  They have to be the reason I ran so remarkably well this morning!!  I don't want to be a braggart but..........I ran my best 5km time since I can't remember when!  I'd love to know what it would be on a track or flat surface because the roads I ran on today have a few short hills, one especially just before the 3km mark.

The Program  :  Tempo Run 8km.
                           2km warm-up
                           5km @ 6:25m/k
                           1km cool-down.

 Warm-up 2km +  2 strides with drills!
5km in 31:54!
1km splits :  6:26;  6:20;  6:20;  6::22;  6:20
Avg. pace  6:22 m/km
AHR 79%...for 5km
1km cool-down + 2 strides with drills!


Total 8km  

I was really pleased with myself today!  Has to be the suggested strides with drills from RLRF...how else can I account for such a dazzling display of speed??!!

The Magnificent Five!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - great time! Annie's W75 5000 record is 31:28 so you'd be quicker than that on the track.

    Yes, the drills & strides would have made a difference. BTW, you also ran much faster than Ruth's usual long run pace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try to get to a track somewhere and have a shot at another record!

    ReplyDelete