Thursday, May 17, 2012

Workout #2....Tempo Run

Beautiful morning for any sort of run; overly warm in fact especially when I have to run to outstrip the wind!  There wasn't any wind at all really; maybe I would have done better if there had been.  It was the best I could do today and I purposely included some hilly sections through Renwick.

The Program:  Tempo run....8km
2km warm-up
5km @ 6:25m/k
1km cool-down.


5km in 33:12
1km splits.....  6:39;   6:27;   6:35;   6:43;   6:44
Avg. pace 6:38m/k
AHR 81%

When I think of Saturday's long run over Range Road, it might be a good idea to make tomorrow's cross-training very, very easy.

8km for today.

5km @ MT Pace


2 comments:

  1. Very, very easy sounds good to me! Range Rd is a tough bastard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Which is why I'm going to run there every second weekend until the hills no longer worry me...in which case I will need to live a very, very long life!

      Delete