Saturday, June 23, 2012

Long, Cold Run......

Today's long run was shorter than usual and so I decided to run it faster than usual....didn't happen!  I made a return to Diamond Fields Road where I'd fallen flat on my face two weeks ago and I have to admit to being nervous every step of the way.  I walked one of the worst sections where there were not only stones and rocks to negotiate but also plenty of mud and water.

For the entire run I was saying to myself :  lift your feet, lift your feet, lift your feet, until it became a mantra and rhythm to run with!  The worst today was the bitterly cold wind;  even though the sky was clear, sunny and blue, there was no escaping that icy wind.

I stopped for about twenty minutes at one of the properties to say goodbye to the friends there who are about to head off for the London Olympics; and then on the run back met another couple heading for home and had a short chat with them too.  That was all very nice, but it was so hard to get moving again in the cold!

I did 15km (program had 13km)
2:02.1
Avg.pace 8:09m/k.....slow, but safe! 
5km splits :    41:50;  39:28;   40:48


Week Total : 40km

A Return to the Scene of the Fall!



















1 comment:

  1. Better safe than sorry. Leave falling down to CJ!

    ReplyDelete