Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Long Run.....

21km!



Before leaving home this morning, I made a decision to stay with the program's pace for 21km instead of running at HMP as I'd intended. The program has served me well so far by running speed sessions for speed and endurance runs for endurance and, hopefully, both will come together for the ACTVAC half marathon on August 19.....which reminds me to get an entry in, now that I know I can successfully go the distance once again!  Looking at the program, I see there's still a 22.5km, working up to 24km over the next 8 weeks.

Program : 21km @ 6:53m/k

I ran on the flattest streets I could find :  every which way in and around Renwick and some surrounding roads; nevertheless there were quite a few long inclines and a couple of short, steep hills.....good practice, when I recall from the past few years some of the hills on the ACTVAC course.  I felt good for the entire 21km, stopping just once at 10km at the car for a quick drink of water.  Thirst still remains a factor for me even in Winter on a cold morning with some sunny breaks and a slight breeze....perfect for a long run.

21km
Time  2:26:16
Avg. pace 6:58m/k
5km splits  35:04;   34:41;   35:19;  34:28;  +  the last 1km in 6:38!  

I have to admit to being really, really tired later in the afternoon!

40km for this week's three workouts. 

1 comment:

  1. Good run! You deserve to be really tired after that one. I had nana naps by the pool in the afternoons at Surfers and I wasn't running nearly as hard as you are!

    ReplyDelete