Saturday, June 02, 2012

Workout #3...Long Run

10km turn back at the top!


For as long as I can remember, I can't recall a time when I did my long run on Range Road without having to walk many times up some of the steepest hills.......except for today.  I didn't take a walk break from start to finish.  I smashed and bashed those hills!  I'm truly surprised  that I was able to complete the entire run without feeling the need to walk any hills or even any parts of them!  I stopped for a second to take a photo of the 10km turnaround at the top.

The first 3.6km is steep uphill all the way, without a break and, though I slowed down on this and others, I didn't feel any need to take a walk break at any time and it's up hills and down hills of one sort or another from start to finish.  I know 'Pride Comes Before a Fall', but I am so pleased with myself today for doing something I haven't been able to do for some time....zoom up those hills and fly down the other side!

 20km on Range Road
Time 2:37:00
Avg. Pace 7:51m/k.....Furman pace should have been 7:00m/k
5km splits :  44:31 (the really tough start!);  37:45;  38:29:  36:12

42.8km for the week.
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Impressive to run strongly like that. Your doggies would have been happy to witness that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what you've been doing all those lunges & squats for. If I was as disciplined as you, I could run up hills too. :)

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know the secret of my 'success', Bruce! Don't tell any old lady runners though.... I'm thinking, just thinking I'd like to have a go at the Sun-corp 10km next month!

      Norma.

      Delete
    2. I know Anne Young is always asking what races you're doing - but you've got the wood on her anyway (even though she's much younger!).

      Delete
    3. That's funny,isn't it? Don't warn her about the Vet's half in August!

      Delete