Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another Easy Day.....Long Hills & Easy Run

Not as nice a day as yesterday : cloud cover most of the time with just a few peeks at the sun, but all good just the same.

Today I decided on doing some long hill repetitions as outlined by Pete Magill in his article on hill running.  He suggests timing the first rep and then that becomes the finish line for all following repeats; no need to time any but the first.  This is what I did :

The Hill...30 sec to the top.
10 min warm-up
8 x 30 sec repeats
Jog down, walk around for a minute or two
And up I go again...8 times!

Followed by:
5km easy running
36:39
7:34;  7:23;  7:28;  7:15;  6:57
Plus 700m back to the car!

The Easy 5km.


Total:  5.7km today.

I'm enjoying this easy week and doing whatever I want before the hard yards to come when I start the 5km training program next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment