Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dead Beat!

.....powerless, weaponless, defenceless and every other 'less' against today's wild wind!  I was shattered and exhausted long before I finished what is my last long run before next Sunday's ACTVAC half marathon.  To put it mildly, it would have to be one of the worst and wildest days I can recall.

13km @ 6:49 m/k

Needless to say, I didn't bother looking at the pace....too busy trying to stop myself spinning like a top as the wind whirled in every direction around me.  On a couple of sections the wind was behind me and at such speed, I felt I was on a launch pad and on my way to Mars!  On all other roads when I wasn't 'heading for Mars', I was completely rudderless!

13 windy kilometres.



13km in 1:37:40
37:10;     37:35;     3km in 22:56


 A couple of drills before and a few stretches after, at the school...... in a sunny, sheltered spot!


ACTVAC 21.1km Course, 2011
 This is the course I hope to run again next Sunday......but, dear God, do let it be a nice, calm morning!

3 key workouts 31km.

No comments:

Post a Comment