Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spring Is In The Air!

...and all around the house.

 Very much like summer today!.....And so it was time to put on the runners and get started after a lazy, do-as-I-please week.  For the remainder of this week though I'll just do drills, hills - short and long - to wake up the body, followed by some easy running and then start the 5km program from F.I.R.S.T. aiming for Fishers Ghost 5km in early November.  That's the plan for now.

Today  :  Renwick street, 80m
1 set Magill drills & Strides
5km easy in 36:22
7:28;  7:20;  7:00;  7:14;  7:18
Avg. pace 7:16m/k......I said 'easy'!
Plus 500m return to the car.


Easy 5km


I'm so pleased I took those first easy steps this morning after a week without any runs, although I did walk (the doggies) each day, but there's nothing quite like putting on the runners and running!  Beautifully warm, sunny day and a slight breeze to make it just about perfect!

5.5km today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment