Saturday, August 04, 2012

Talk About Windy!

It was horrible running today!   The wind was fierce no matter where or in what direction I ran.   Never so pleased as to finish!

Program : 16km @ 6:48m/km

A windy 16km


16km in 1:52.11
36:33/7:19;    34:36/6:55;     34:21/6:52;   1km in 6:40

Today's 16km felt much harder than last Saturday's 24km. None of it was easy with the last 500m uphill and into the full force of the nasty wind and complaining loudly :  "I really don't want to do this!"   I had a bagel with peanut butter about an hour before leaving so I thought I was off to a good start, but the fierce wind had me tired in no time and I couldn't wait to get home and into a hot shower and then some hot soup for lunch.  I'll try and trick Amy and Oscar into not going for their walk this afternoon;  I don't think I could face any more outdoors today.  Sufficient for the day.......

Only 1 more long run before the ACTVAC half marathon!

36.5km for 3 key workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment