Thursday, September 20, 2012

Amazing Pacing!

....Well, I thought it was......for me anyhow!


1st 3.5km of Tempo Run















2nd 3.5km

Program :  Tempo Run
1.5km warm-up
3.5km @ ST pace (6:26m/k for me)
1.5km easy for recovery
3.5km @ ST pace
1.5km cool-down.

As usual I began with a couple of drills.

1.5km easy warm-up

3.5km in 22:28.  6:26;  6:27;  6:07.  Avg. Pace 6:23m/k
1.5km easy recovery
3.5km in 22:30.  6:27;  6:11;  6:32.  Avg. Pace 6:23m/k
1.5km cool-down + few stretches.

Those 2 x 3.5km were almost identical twins!  Just 2 seconds off in the second 3.5km.  I don't think I've ever been so close in any previous tempo runs and average pacing was exactly the same!  Probably not at all amazing for most runners, but for me, it's doubly amazing!

I had to concentrate to keep in front of VP;  he somehow gets ahead if I relax and start thinking of things other than what I'm doing and then I have to try harder for a while to pass him....which I do!  Competitiveness can be a terrible curse!

The effort was medium to hard but nothing I couldn't cope with!  Yay!  Quite pleased with myself and today's session.  Lovely spring blossoms along the way and a pleasantly warm day.

Total for today....  11.5km.

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow LL that was an awesome training session. Such clever timing. Amazing in fact:)

    ReplyDelete