Friday, October 26, 2012

A Day Off Running ~~~

Nevertheless, I wasn't idle!  I didn't run today for two reasons, the first being that I want to do my long run tomorrow up to the crest of Range Road which means twelve kilometres of hilly terrain and I need to be fresh for that especially when I hope to get to the top without a walk break! 

The other reason is I needed to do some more outdoor work around home, which was to cut down some heavy branches from a too large camellia tree.  Firstly though,, I climbed into a weeping cherry tree to break off masses of dead branches so as to let the light in...the tree looked very happy when I finished!  I was also happy that I didn't fall out of the tree!

With the camellia tree in mind, at about11:00am I hauled the ladder from the garage and armed with my trusty chain saw (gulp!), climbed the ladder and plunged the saw into the heart of tree until limb after limb came crashing down. Thankfully I didn't come crashing down with them!  Everything then had to be raked and tucked away till the handyman makes a trip to the tip.  A thoroughly worthwhile, outdoorsy day!

That was five hours of what I'm calling 'cross-training'!

Tomorrow looks like being a cool day, much like today, and I do so hope I can do my run without a walk break on the hills. At the top is permissible if necessary, but not on the way up!

Another look into the past ~~~

Fisher's Ghost 5km, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment