Saturday, October 27, 2012

Long Run ~~ 3rd Workout

It's the best of all possible days here in the Southern Highlands :  only 11 degrees, cool breeze, blue sky and not a cloud in sight.  If there was ever a day to run hills, this has to be it!  Sadly, I didn't make it to the top of Range Road without a break as I'd hoped to do.  Old South Road is what kills me!  It keeps going up and up, getting steeper all the way, so I ran for only 10 minutes there and just couldn't breathe and had to walk a few steps before beginning the charge uphill again!

Old South Road & left into Range Road

  After 2.5km there's a leveling out for about 200m, after which I turned left at the roundabout into Range Road and the climb began again, straight up for about another 1.5km before reaching the crest. After that it's all rolling hills that I can run without stopping .....  feeling like I'm in heaven and could run forever!  Uphill,  57 minutes out/48 minutes back, mostly downhill!

Program :  11km...I did 14km
Pace...I didn't bother about; survival was my only concern!

14km in 1 hour 45 minutes
Avg. Pace 7:30m/k

For the weeks 3 key workouts ~~~  32.8km 

On Range Road you can see forever.....
  

Somewhere in the valley is Diamond Fields Road & Sydney over the horizon!




2 comments:

  1. You survived well. Certainly some great views from up there - and the grass is so green! Great days for horses and cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Great day for horses, cows and..... runners!

    ReplyDelete