Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tempo Run ~~~ Workout #2

I would ordinarily do a tempo run tomorrow, Thursday, but if the weather forecast is right, we're in for a very cold and very wet day.  For that reason I did two key workouts back-to-back instead of an easy day between.

 I ran inside the oval fence of Chev. track rather than trying to find lanes.  The far end of the oval was a quagmire and every step in that section saw my foot disappear into the spongy, wet ground.  Extra effort I didn't really need!

Tempo 3x1.5km


Program :  Tempo Run...
1.5km warm-up, 1.5km @ ST pace (6:22m/k), 1.5km easy, 1.5km @ 6:22,  1.5km easy, 1.5km @ 6:22, 1:5km easy.

3 x 1.5km at 6:22m/km......  6:21m/k;   6:18m/k;   6:19m/k...just in front of VP each time!
Finish session with stretches.

Today....10.5km......and now, the weather can do whatever it likes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment