Thursday, November 01, 2012

2nd Workout ~~ Tempo Run

I checked before leaving this morning that the Garmin was fully charged......  I hate guess work!  Chev. track for the tempo run :

Program :
1.5km warm-up
5km @ ST Pace   6:22 m/k for me.
1.5km cool-down

The grounds keeper came across the oval to measure the lane with the wheel.  I was curious to know how it compared with the Garmin......and the results were :

Wheel.....211.5m
Garmin...206m  ~~  quite a difference!  The wheel would have to be correct......interesting!

5k on 211.5m  lane!


1.5km warm-up + few drills

5km in  31:37.0  ;  Avg. Pace 6:20

Splits ~~  6:32.4;  6:17.4;  6:20.3;  6:09.4;  6:17.5

1.5km cool-down + few stretches.

I have to say that going round and round a 211.5m lane for 5km is nothing short of cruelty and enough to drive a person crazy!  I changed direction after each kilometre and  had auto lap set at 1km so I didn't have to work out distances.

I tried as best I could for even pacing, (secretly) hoping to outdo Ewen's recent incredibly even pacing in a 5km track race!  I tried but didn't even get close, even though I thought my results quite acceptable!  It was reasonably hard work I must say, with quite a bit of audible puffing in the last 2 kilometres.  I'd love to run 30 min or just under; won't happen at Fisher's Ghost...much too hilly; but Canberra track?  Wouldn't it be wonderful!  Today, I finished about 40m in front of VP!!

For today  :  8km


2 comments:

  1. Poor VP! If he's game to take you on in Canberra I'm sure you'll finish at least 40m ahead again and smash 30 minutes as well as the Australian record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, you're talking!! Thirty seconds I'll be happy with!

    ReplyDelete