Thursday, November 08, 2012

Easy Running ~~~

From the 5km program, I took the last training session from the last week before a 5km race :  Fisher's Ghost 5km on Sunday.

Program :
1.5km warm-up
5km easy
1.5km cool-down.

After the 1.5km warm-up I stopped the Garmin, BUT forgot to turn it on to start 5km!!  I'd probably run at least 2km before I realized I'd had, what genteel folk might call "a senior moment", but which I'd call a  stupid lapse of memory - turning the watch back on...clean forgotten!  I started the 5km again because I wasn't going to count guess work in the total!

Renwick streets  :

1.5km warm-up
5km in 35:56
6:48;  7:11;  7:24;  7:34;  6:58
1.5km cool-down

AHR 75%;  MHR  80%

Today's 5km

 Reminding myself of the hilly run on Sunday, I took in nearly all the hilly streets in Renwick.  Only things missing were heat and a million flies! 

For today ~~  8.00km

So that's it, from me, Oscar and Amy, till after Sunday's Fisher's Ghost 5km! 

 Edit : 40 minutes brisk walk today, Friday.

2 comments:

  1. All three of you have ben working hard! Good luck on Sunday - can't wait to see how you go. Say g'day to Paul if he's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ewen! Will let you know for sure!

    ReplyDelete