Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Easy Run? ~~~

After yesterday's track, an easy run sounded good, so why didn't it feel all that easy?  One reason could be a bad night's sleep :   until around 9:00pm last night I was so tired I felt like I couldn't wait to get to bed, but from then on, to my surprise and horror, the fatigue lifted bit by bit, more and more wide awake so that by  10:00pm when I went in, sleep had deserted me altogether.  The hours ticked by and I saw 3:00am, then 4:00am on the clock before I finally dozed off for a couple of hours.  I hate nights like that because I know how the run next morning is going to feel....not easy!

Program :  4 - 5km easy

5km through Renwick

Renwick streets :
Few drills.....I knew immediately how the run would be so stopped after two...
5km in 35:16
AHR 113 ( 72%);  MHR 126 (80%)
6:40;     6:37;     7:11;     7:15;     7:31  ......slowing progressively with each kilomotre
Usual stretches. 

Other than lack of sleep, it was very windy and that didn't help at all.  Another easy 5km tomorrow before a hard day on Thursday and I hope that 5km will feel easier than did today's.

For Today....5km

No comments:

Post a Comment