Monday, December 17, 2012

Workout #1 ~~ Track

Across to Bowral and Chev track again for today's session. Weather the exact opposite of yesterday's, which was 30 degrees; today, very cool, light rain, so far only 13 degrees and the ranges covered in mist.  A much better day for a track session, so I'm not complaining.

Program :
3km warm-up
Light drills and strides
4 x 800m 'strong effort'...last 'very hard'
4-5 min RI

With the school closed for long holidays, I can run anywhere! For the warm-up I ran every which way around the school grounds using, ovals, roads, bike track and cross country......a very enjoyable way to start off the day.  I haven't looked at the times for 800m repeats yet, but I struggled in each of them so I'm not expecting too much in the results.  Sleepless nights - until one, two and three o'clock before sleeping and then waking up like a zombie - haven't helped my training at all.  Nothing good comes out of being overly tired when it comes to training on the track especially.

3km Warm-up


3km warm-up through Chev campus
4 drills with stride between
4 x 800m ~~  4:40 (77/85%);  4:36 (78/87%);  4:43 (77/86%);  4:36 (78/86%).
No cool-down .... home to change.

Today  ~~  6.2km

1 comment: