Monday, December 24, 2012

Workout #1....Track ~~~ Unfinished!

Well, that's done it!  With only six repeats to run, I couldn't complete the last one because of the groin pain in my left leg. And I mean serious pain, otherwise I wouldn't have given up. I don't think I have any choice now other than to stop running, do the RICE thing and hope it goes away in time to resume training for a 1 mile race on January 10th.

I used Radio Road beside the Highlands School :  very hot but some shade.

Program :
2km warm-up
Drills
6 x 150m 'flat out'
5 min RI between each.

I did the 2km warm-up + drills
5 x  150m....couldn't run flat out!
5min RI

Icing as I type!


I think I'll join them!
 

2 comments:

  1. ...or go and see a (real, really good) sports physician. I had a niggly groin pain that got steadily worse and was treated by lots of people that said it wasn't a problem - until it got suddenly worse. *Then* I went to a good sports physician who said "Oh, I know what that is". Geez, I wish I had known earlier, before it got bad.

    I have no idea what yours is; I'm not suggesting that it is anything like mine; I'm just suggesting that you get it looked at properly.

    It's a long trip, but the physicians at the state sports centre at Homebush are really good (and they like record holders :) ).

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Bruce (giggle at the last bit!)...I'll see if it settles down over the next couple of days. Keeping up the icing, massage and compression taping. If no good, will take your advice of course. Thanks so much.

    Happy Christmas to you and TA! xx

    Norma.

    ReplyDelete