Thursday, December 06, 2012

Workout #2 ~~ 200m Repeats

I really enjoyed this session, mainly because I love running downhill but, besides that, I believe it's good for the musculoskeletal system.  It was a superb day, all day, here in Mittagong  :  sunny, warm but not hot and a cool breeze.  The perfect weather and running downhill combined to make this a fast, fun workout!

Program  :

2km warm-up
Drills
6 x 200m 'strong effort'
50 sec RI
1km cool-down.

I ran the first 3 x 200m from the car and down a gentle sloping road in the new Renwick development which seems to provide all I need for running purposes : no traffic, uphills, downhills, long and short stretches of new bitumen roads and no one to observe my strange antics especially when doing drills!  Because I finished each 200m further ahead on the road, I ran the last three on a downhill footpath at the other end of the development.  55 seconds RI...jog back for that time and take off again!


First 3 reps here...



2km warm-up
Drills
0:58.0;   0: 57.4;   0:55.7;   0:53.7;   0:56.2;   0:51.2
1km cool-down + stretches. 

Last 3 reps. here.


For today....a lovely day!  :  4.2km

No comments:

Post a Comment