Saturday, January 19, 2013

At Last ~~~ Able to Walk!

I walked briskly this morning, taking the same loop from home that I used last time ....whenever that was!  Seems months ago, but probably more like a week or two.  My guess back then, because I didn't have the Garmin with me, was that the distance was about 3km which proves I have little or no ability at all in judging distance without the aid of technology!

This morning, in amazingly cool conditions, I walked the same route and, from door to door, the distance was 5.07km exactly...call it 5km!!  My leg felt fine while walking, but I'll know by tonight exactly how it reacted to that distance; seems to take several hours after exercise if there's going to be any pain.

Like Roger Rabbit, I'm very pleased with myself this morning!
....and it's a start!

5km Walk


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Walking will come in handy should you ever decide to hike up mountains lugging a heavy backpack for cross-training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pay back time and I can't think of a suitable reply...well done!!






    ReplyDelete