Friday, February 01, 2013

First of the Month ~~~

A few heavy drops of rain just as I reached the door....a storm well and truly on the way now at 12:30pm.  No sign of it while I did another easy run; in fact, it was a cool, breezy morning just right for a longer run.

Amy, my little dog, is terrified of storms and knows well in advance when one is approaching.  Nothing can calm her nervous shaking even when she is huddled in a shivering heap on my lap, which is where she is right now, puffing and panting with fear and making my typing effort more difficult than I'd like!  Spell check will have a job to do later.

So.....before all of this, I ran easily out and back along Diamond Fields Road for a change of scenery and a softer surface on the dirt road.  The council must have sent out their steam roller recently because the surface was good, with rocks and stones embedded in the dirt instead of waiting there for me to do another face plant!  I walked for a few seconds at the top of a couple of steep rises just to catch my breath before the next one!  An enjoyable, longer run.

Where I ran today


9km in 68 minutes
AHR 75%;   MHR 86%

No niggles from recent injury, so........I hope that by next week I can start my half marathon program, having in mind, if I'm fit and fast enough by May, to run a half marathon in Canberra.

Today :  9km

 (So dark outside, even I'm getting scared of the black skies and approaching storm.  All is eerily quiet.......I think I'll join Amy who is hiding under the table now!)

Who's afraid of storms?  I am!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaw Amy is so cute. I hope she was ok throughout the storm. I bet she had lots of cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly did, Ruth, but it didn't help much! Hope your 'Teddy' doesn't mind storms like Amy does.

      Delete