Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Long Run With Hills ~~~

It's an exaggeration to call what I did today 'a run' and nearer the truth to say : I kept moving for the required distance.  Run/walk, about 50/50 and it took forever to finish!  Breathing problem hugely relieved after using a 'puffer' prescribed by GP on Thursday.....but my legs!  My poor, poor legs!  Not in a long time have they felt so bone tired; in other words : it was all a big struggle!

Program  : 15km ...supposed to be run at 7:28m/k, based on 31 min 5km time.  

(I'm thinking of moving that 5k time along a bit to 36 minutes, though I couldn't have moved more slowly than I did today!)

             A 15km Shuffle!

15km in 2 hours 14 minutes!  Avg. Pace 8:58m/k!

I chose Diamond Fields Road and Buckmans Lane because of the many long hills without thinking of how unprepared I was for such a course over 15km.  Anyhow it's done, after a fashion : the day was fairly warm, sunny, with a good breeze.  I didn't see a single soul except for some big fat cows munching away while lying in the shade.




What I am pleased about though is that I finally got through a whole week's program, including two days of cross-training!  Been a long while coming!


For the Week.....  42.6km

No comments:

Post a Comment