Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back on Track ~~~

It's five weeks to the very day since I last did a track session at Chev!  I wasn't expecting any miracles, so I have no reason to be disappointed.  In fact, I don't think I did too badly all things considered, especially the fact that I still wheeze to breathe.  The grounds keeper thought I must have stopped breathing for ever, so after a short chat explaining my absence, I set off to see just how much I'd deteriorated.

The Program :
10-20 min warm-up
12 x 400m (90sec RI) 2:21 (5:52m/k) based on 31 min 5km
10 min cool-down.

My 200m track!


2km warm-up
4 drills with strides
8 x 400m : 2:28;  2:22;  2:29;  2:21;  2:31;  2:24;  2:29;  2:20
1km cool-down + few stretches.

 I finished with 8 x 400m (instead of 12) because my legs - and the rest of me - told me to!  Better to finish on a good note than a bad one and I think that's what the remaining four might have been.  As it was, I was satisfied with this first attempt back at the track and considering the usual breathing difficulty, the times weren't too bad.  I changed direction after each rep.  A sunny morning with a cool breeze heralding Autumn.  Grass good on 'my' 200m track in the centre of the oval.

Room for lots of improvement, I know;  but have to start somewhere and I did enjoy getting back to the track!

For Today...a very nice day! :  6km.

2 comments:

  1. The poor groundsman! You'd better buy him some beers now that he has to mow your lane again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will indeed. I'm well looked after by some extremely nice people at Chev.

      Delete