Monday, March 11, 2013

Beginning Program Today ~~

At last!  After so many false starts, I think this is the real one because I felt good about it when I finished.  It felt like I'd done something worthwhile for a change by commencing the FIRST program for half marathon training.

Cross training :

Short warm-up (Renwick streets) + 4 strides
1 Set Magill Drills with stride between each


Drills Here.....45m from car.


5km easy run........no walk breaks at all!!

7km Total Today

This was the first time in ages that I've run any distance at all without having to walk.  Very pleased about that I am!  It was a slow 5km, but then cross training is meant to be easy according to the program.  However, I was surprised to find it was quite so slow because I felt as if I was running well...just goes to show!

5km in approx. 39 minutes; can't be sure because I didn't separate the warm-up and drills (about 2k) from the 5km run.  Anyhow, I'm not going to worry about being slow.....just yet!

Total for Today....7km



No comments:

Post a Comment