Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cross Training ~~~

I set off to do an easy 5km this beautiful morning.  Towards the end of Inkerman Road is a very nice long hill and I thought it a good idea to do some long hill repeats.  I intended doing 6 x 60 seconds and then easy run back to the car.  However, after the fourth repeat my quads were saying very loudly, "We're not doing even one more repeat let alone another two!"  I had no option but to agree and jog back to the car.

At 5k on the return, a huge brown Labrador dog charged out of one of the new houses like he was going to eat me, only to find he was quite tame and just happy to meet a new friend.  He was quickly followed by his owners apologizing profusely! I had been watching this particular house being built and loved the unusual design of its exterior.  Today I was asked in to see the interior.   Every room had a huge 'WOW' factor but I hope I said something more intelligent than that as I saw each room; and that is how I came to meet Barry, Julie and "Charlie"; a nice way to met people new to the area....... everybody ought to have a dog!


Hill Reps. between lap 2 and 3


Easy run to Inkerman Road
 4 x 60 sec long hill repeats
Jog down, walk around about 3 minutes
Easy run to car.

Total for Today....7km 

No comments:

Post a Comment