Saturday, March 09, 2013

Run/Walk, Further! ~~~

I could almost call this a long run judging by recent standards.  Still run/walk, but twice as far as during the past week.  Diamond Fields Road for a change of scenery, called on Tom and Patricia at about 2km....no one home except "Slipper", the horse to whom I gave a carrot; on then to 5km to see Doug and Cheryl who were at home; chatted there for about 30 minutes and then turned back to where I'd started from at the Highlands School.

A good day to be out and about : cool breeze and warm sun.  I felt the extra distance and the hills but managed to jog most of the way....I might even be improving; antibiotics kicking in.

Diamond Fields Road


Distance  11km....with walk breaks
AHR 74%;  MHR 86%
Avg Pace 8:50m/k; Best pace 5:16m/k
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that's a long run. My 16k runs are now 'long' as they take the same time as 20k runs did in the old days.

    BTW, Ruth is looking forward to catching up for coffee after the run next Saturday. Said she won't run as she's doing the Weston Creek Half the following day.

    ReplyDelete