Sunday, April 07, 2013

Long Run With Hills ~~~

My program didn't say to run a hilly long run, I just decided to do that myself!

15 hilly kilometres!

First 3km I ran around the school to wake-up in preparation for what lay ahead!  Turning right at the bottom of Bong Bong Road into Old South Road was straight up a winding hill for 2km to the roundabout, which I ran around.   From the roundabout, left into Range Road and uphill continued for another 1km before settling into a pattern of up and down hills.  What a ride!  I walked some of every kilometre on the way out and also on the way back.....walking when I could barely breath, jogging when I could.  On Range Road I ran as far as Nannas Lane and about 200m in. This marked the turnaround point and then there followed the joy of running down all those hills back to the school!

200m in and turn back for home!

I wasn't tired when I finished, but my legs are a bit stiff now, a couple of hours later.  Apart from this course being good training.... once up on Range Road it all seems worth the climb...the views in 360 degrees are superb!

Program : Long Run 15km.

15km in 2 hours 2 minutes
Avg. Pace 8:29/k!!
AHR 111 (70%);  MHR 135 (85%)
5km laps  ~~  46:34;   42:43;   37:47

For Today  15km
For the Week ~~~ 36km  


























1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounded like a tough run. You did well LL:) Good to read that you're picking up the distance and feeling ok. Yay, go LL!

    ReplyDelete