Sunday, May 19, 2013

Long Run ~~~

What a freezing, cold day it's been...still is now at 4:30p.m. and an even colder night ahead...but I won't be out in that!  Plenty of sunshine about but the wind must be straight off the snow fields.  I waited until 11:00a.m before setting off in the hope of it warming up, but not so!

Program :  90min or 15km

 
From Highlands School/Diamond Fields Road and back.


Higdon's program uses 'time on feet' for long runs but being a slow runner, I prefer 'distance' and so I returned to the F.I.R.S.T. training program I'd been using prior to switching to Hal Higdon's.  I just wouldn't get far enough in 90 minutes as Higdon imagines!

15km 
2 hours 2 minutes
5km splits  ~~  41:10;    41:58;    38:55 ....
Walk breaks
Stretches 

I ran the first and last kilometres around the school.  I chose Diamond Fields Road for a change to the lovely bush scenery as well as for its hills...of which there are plenty!  Going out was fine but when I turned around at the end of DF Road, I was hit by a blast of cold wind that stayed with me all the way back to the school...nasty!  But DF Road is such a pretty bush setting with open fields all around, it was worth the unpleasant conditions.



I have to admit to being all tuckered out at the finish; felt dreadfully tired, so in quick succession I did the following :  drove home, showered, cup of tea and an Anzac biscuit, flopped on the bed and slept for 2 hours!  I always feel worse after sleeping during the day, so I moaned and groaned about that until I had a cup of hot pumpkin soup which I drank greedily and now, sitting down to bring my blog up to date, I feel almost human, but not quite!

Today....15km

For the Week....39km

1 comment:

  1. You were flat out resting, like that turtle doing planks! I've noticed I need fewer naps since I stopped running. I miss my naps!

    ReplyDelete