Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tempo Run ~~~

Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up
I hope this is true!!
Shocker of a day here :  not just windy, gales blowing; not just cold, but freezing!  I was no match for the force of the wind this morning and hated just about every minute of the session!  I took some walk breaks when it was too hard to run and stopped altogether when it was too difficult to walk.

Program  :
45 min Tempo Run
5 freezing kilometres


2km warm-up
5km in 36:21
Avg. Pace 7:16
AHR 77%;  MHR 96%?
7:07;  7:07;  6:55;  7:30;  7:41
1km walk to school.


 I parked at the school and headed to Renwick for a warm-up (If I can call it that!).  The wind in Renwick and Inkerman Road was something else!  There were so many stops and starts I wouldn't call the 5km tempo a success by any means...it just gone done and that's about the best I can say for the entire workout!


Today 8km

2 comments:

  1. The weather's been a bit ordinary here too. At least today it was sunny and looked beautiful (from inside the house!).

    Next time you're here I'll give you a tube of 'Buh-Bump' electrode monitor cream to fix up the dodgy max HR reading.

    ReplyDelete