Sunday, May 05, 2013

Tomorrow... ~~~

Tomorrow, as for the Seven Dwarfs, it's off to work I go or, as in my case, off to run I go!  I'm changing from F.I.R.S.T. programs to Hal Higdon's Advanced half Marathon Program.  F.I.R.S.T. has been very good indeed to me for some years, allowing me to set some PBs and a couple of Age-category Australian Records, so no complaints from me about Furman training.  However, I need a change, something new and different to restore motivation and get a life again, preferably one that involves running, jogging or whatever it is I do can be called!

Higdon's program, like many other good ones contains the most important workouts..e.g. Speed, Tempo and Long Runs.  He adds some specific hill running in the early stages, easy runs on three days and one day off.  The program is for 12 weeks and, since there are 15 weeks to the ACTVAC Half Marathon, I have a few weeks up my sleeve as well!

So that's where I'm going....for now and the near future...and there can be no more fiddling around with time off for silly things like x-ray, CT scan, MRI, ultra-sound, blood tests, all of which showed there is nothing serious causing 'wall of chest' pain, but still most likely the original diagnosis of inflammation in adjoining cartilage.  If nothing else, it all rules out there being anything at all wrong with me...nice to know I have a clean bill of health!

 treadmill_duck

Child's drawing of a duck exercising found on a street, USA, 2012.....Would love to know the 'artist'!

1 comment:

  1. It can be called 'running very fast' - you're incredible!

    ReplyDelete