Saturday, August 17, 2013

How lucky I am....

.......to have such good friends!

 Adding cheer to my day was a visit from two friends I haven't seen for quite some time :  Ray James and Karin (who used by Aunty K on Cool Running!).  Both were on their way to Wagga Wagga to run tomorrow's marathon and they broke their trip to stop off at my place for some lunch and chat.  They both carried a plate of cakes Karin had made for my forthcoming birthday!!  One plate of delicious chocolate cakes topped with strawberries disappeared in no time!  I doubt that the second plate will last too much longer than the first though I'll have it all to myself!!

Ray had said he was bringing a friend but kept it a surprise that the friend was Karin!  Five years had elapsed! I was absolutely delighted to see both as we all go back quite a few "running years".  Two wonderful friends!  Thank you for making time to see me.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I had a chat with them on Sunday morning before the marathon in Wagga. They were both excited to see you. Hope the MRI news offers a solution to your dicky knee!

    ReplyDelete