Thursday, October 17, 2013

Patience! ~~~

I'm to need a lot of that in the days and weeks ahead!  Bored with the soccer field, I took the road to Renwick, my old training ground, and was faced with wind, dust and  bits of branches all aimed in my  direction. Along the streets in Renwick, there were all the old up hills and downhills and everything in between; all this proved one thing ...just how unfit I am!  Three months off is going to take a long time to to make up for and I need something I don't have a lot of....patience!

My heart rate soared after a very short time so I stopped and walked till it dropped again, and did this repeatedly.  I kept thinking of the Phil Maffetone heart rate method and reminded myself to have a look at it when I got home.  I did and very surprised at what I found.  Here it is :  180 minus my age; minus another 5 beats after coming back from an injury :  180 - 84 = 96 - 5 = 91.  Maffetone advises aerobic training anything 10 beats below this, but better at the top of the range.

During this morning's 45 minutes, my AHR was 116 bpm and my MHR 135 bpm. and that was with walk breaks when heart rate reached anything over 120 bpm.  91 bpm seems like I'll have to walk and crawl to keep HR down!  Can anyone help, comment?  Blowed if I know what to do! Maybe just keep on doing what I'm doing and things will improve.

From school to Renwick and back.
 Few Magill drills and strides
45 minutes easy jogging
Stretches.

Today  ~~~   60 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment