Monday, December 02, 2013

Another Email ....

This morning, after another wide awake night until 4:30 am, I sent another email to Acer Australia's on line store in Sydney, asking for a reply to my other emails of  the past 10 days and requesting the refund that, by law, I'm entitled to.

I assume it will go where all the others have gone....nowhere.  It makes me wonder, though, where DO they go?  Some real live employee must receive them; they're never returned.  So is there a little Acer person who opens his or her computer each morning and, on orders threatening death by torture, taps 'delete' to everything in the inbox?


 I am so sick of all this.....

Updated  3/12/13......Just like I said: No response!

I see Acer's Facebook page has hundreds of similar complaints to mine from all over the world!  https://facebook.com/acer and yet they're continually updating the same pages brazenly extolling their latest products and thanking their millions of "fans" for their support!


HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS?





4 comments:

  1. Probably by not having a bricks and mortar shop where customers can come in and complain to a real person! Hope you get your money back soon.

    BTW, what was wrong with it? A software or hardware problem? Did it/does it start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure, Ewen. Power light would come on and then a blank screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might not be the same problem, but had similar with mine. Took battery out and ran on mains (cable with battery charger) then started in safe mode. For windows 8, not sure though - see here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

    Then from safe mode, restarted and used System Restore to set it back to before the problem started. Not saying this will work with yours though! You need to wait patiently with PCs, often they are downloading upgrades etc and seem not to be doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way would I have interfered with a brand new computer! I wouldn't have the skills for one thing and neither should I have been expected to on a brand new, expensive computer. Imagine the backlash from Acer had I messed up!

    I was prepared to accept a replacement in the early stages but when my calls, emails were ignored, I'd had enough stress and lack of sleep, I asked for a refund and that's where I still stand.

    Appreciate your suggestions though....thanks!

    ReplyDelete