Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back to Track ~~~~~

Over to Chevalier College track on a warm, breezy morning!  Nothing like the last time I was there and struck down by the heat for the next 2 weeks.

Ewen's suggestion for track sessions and tempo runs is not to think about the pace in the F.I.R.S.T. program, but for the next month or two to run these sessions with 'good effort' and record times.  That's what I did today and here are the results of my good effort!

10 min warm-up
4 strides, each preceded by a drill...butt kicks and high knees.

8 x 400m  :  3:04;  3:11;  3:00;  2:59;  2:50;  2:46;  2:48;  2:34.

200m walk recovery between each.
Short cool-down
Stretches...quads, hammies, calves, glutes periformis

I thought this was OK for another "comeback".   After I was home I looked at the F.I.R.S.T. 5km training program from which I've taken these sessions and found they have 3:03 for each 400m, based on a 'guess' time of 40 minutes 5km for me, for now!  So, I reckon I did OK!!

Today's 400m repeats


 
Found out today that the 200m+ lane I use is really the boundary for cricket!  There I was thinking it was kept mowed just for me to use!!  Cricket must be over - I wouldn't know if it was or not - because the grass is longer than when I was there 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment