Saturday, January 25, 2014

Going Up?

That's what lift drivers used announce :  "Going Up"...in the days when we had lift drivers!  Here, it signifies a climb back from unfit to fit with the next 2 to 3 months spent with running easily most days to regain some fitness before embarking on a specific program for a specific event like a half marathon.
Thanks to Ewen ...... special blessings be upon you and your running! ..... I now feel enthusiasm returning form the deep black hole of quitting where it has been for far too long. What I'll be doing is something like the following :

Monday XT OR Walk
Tuesday:  Track ( weekly alternating long and short intervals)...from F.I.R.S.T. 5k program
Wednesday :  Easy Running 45-55 min.  MAF heart-rate
Thursday :  Tempo Run...from F.I.R.S.T. 5k program
Friday :  Easy Running 45-55min  MAF
Saturday :  Easy Running up to 60 min. MAF
Sunday : Rest

In my spare time!  :  I'll do stationary bike, some strengthening exercises much the same as I've always done;  warm-up,  drills and stretching as usual.

That's what I'm going to begin with on Monday, 27th January, 2014!


"Going Up! Up and Away!"

l to r.  new goat, old goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment