Monday, January 27, 2014

"Going Up...First Floor!"

First floor, first step...same thing and just means I've made yet another start!

I've worked Ewen's suggestions for the week into a day by day plan and for a Monday it's going to be either cross-training (stationary bike) or walk.  This morning being such a cool, sunny day I decided on the walk, and to kill two birds with the one stone, I walked into town and home instead of driving to pick up the paper.

I have also included for Mondays and other easy days, strength exercises from the F.I.R.S.T. training programs.  They include what they see as most beneficial for runners : Standing Wall Squat, Single Leg Squat;  Walking Lunge;  Calf Raises;  Push-up on stability ball...which I don't have; Single Arm bent over row with dumbbell.

Tomorrow, I return to the track where I was sun-struck over a week ago.  Better luck this time!

For today :  50 min Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment