Thursday, January 02, 2014

Tempo Run ~~~~~

I went to Chev track for today's session to run on the flat and avoid hills.
It was too darned hot!  29+
1.5km warm up
5km @ ST pace ("s" stands for short !)
1.5km cool down.

I did the warm up around the grounds of Chev College......then, 5km on the outer part of the oval, keeping just inside the fence.  I can't think right now of the right words to accurately describe how depleted, debilitated, drained and dead I felt, but those will have to do until my disabled brain recovers!

It embarrasses me no end to have to give the statistics of that 5km, but here goes....

Time : 42:07
1km splits : 8:18;  8:07;  8:26;  8:27;  8:43
AHR 106%;  MHR 146%...that felt about right!!

I felt nauseous about half way through, no doubt from heat, and, after showering, spent several hours lying down!  Not hungry...will try some light soup later tonight.

This was not a good start to my training!!

Today :  8km




No comments:

Post a Comment