Thursday, January 09, 2014

Tempo Run ~~~~

How frustrating is it when 5km seems like 50!  And what took 31 minutes 6 months ago, now takes 41!  I doubt that I'll live long enough to make up the lost time, regain fitness and when 5km is a breeze instead of a grind.  Anyhow..... in the meantime.....and while there is time:

Today's Program :  9km Tempo Run (2+5+2)

2km warm-up
5km @ MT (mid tempo) pace...for me right now that's 8:20m/k
Holy Moses, I couldn't even do that!!!
2km cool-down.

I started from the school as usual,  ran (?) through Renwick and surrounding streets, including a few hills and 2km of rough dirt road.

5km in 42:43...Ouch!

Splits: 8:18;   8:20;  8:24;  9:21;  8:15.... that's downright embarrassing!

What can I say?  I just have to keep trying in spite of daily disappointment.

Can't get much slower than that!  It's so terribly hard trying to get fit and back to what one used to be...fast and furious!!

Today:  9km



No comments:

Post a Comment