Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tempo Run ~~~~~

The sun was shining at 8:30 this morning, so no hurry to get out.  Settled down with a coffee and read the SMH on line.  Ready to leave 9:30 : no sun, light drizzle and mist coming in over the ranges...time to go!  At the school, ready to set off when I spied the calf, my calf, out of its paddock and in the orchard having a breakfast feast from the branches of the plum trees!

I knew She would follow me provided I hand fed her along the way back with lots of goat kibble.  However, just in case she took off towards the road, I secured the help of 2 students to block her if she tried.  As I guessed, food was the bigger attraction and she followed very docilely after me while she munched on the kibble in my hands.  The boys opened and closed the sets of gates and in no time calf and mother were reunited.  I have a feeling the calf would have preferred to stay in the orchard.  How she got out, no one knows.  I've searched all fencing and can find nowhere that she could have escaped.  Did some unknown person let her out?   Will check on her this afternoon.

Tempo Run :
1.5km warm-up
5km @ ST pace (8:11m/k still based on 40 min. 5km)
1.5km cool-down.

5km in 38:40  (best time this month!)
7:26;    8:02;    7:42;    7:35;    7:48




I turned Garmin off while I took some photos of the llamas and forgot to turn it on until about 500-600m later!

Today :  8km

No comments:

Post a Comment