Thursday, May 29, 2014

Still Out!

The worst cold, earth-shattering cough etc. ever!  Two days in bed, up today but will be taking it easy for the remainder of the week, weekend and possibly beyond that.

I've been overwhelmed by the unexpected source of assistance while I've been "off colour".......the teachers at the school where I look after the goats and cows at weekends and holidays.  I was missing just one day when I had a call asking if I was OK, not having seen me walking Amy and Oscar as I always do each afternoon.  Next thing, one of the teachers arrived at my front door around 7:00pm with a meal and Panadol which I didn't have any of at home.  Each day this week, different teachers have rung and/or sent text messages offering to take me to the doctor, do shopping etc.

It's amazing where kindness comes from when least expected!  I feel blessed to have them as my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment