Monday, June 30, 2014

C25K! ~~~~~

I'm doing the C25K program.....as well as my own!

.....just for the next 2 weeks during school holidays while there's no Fitness Class to go to!

This came about in a come-by-chance sort of way :  One of the teachers at the Highlands School
 has been wanting to start running, so I agreed to go with her and get her started by doing the C25K program during the holidays and then she'll be confident to go it alone, I hope.  Whilst making arrangements for this, the School Principal happened to be in the office listening and then asked if he could also join in!

So, this morning at 10:00 the 3 of us met at the school and set off into a fierce wind and very happily  completed Day 1, Week 1!  Downloaded a great little C25k app that told us when to change from walking to running!  We meet again on Wednesday and Friday.  Both seemed to enjoy it, I had company for a change and I was absolutely thrilled to see two more people start moving!  The female teacher has already entered for The Southern Highlands Challenge (6km) which we'll run together on August 31.

I'm hoping the word will spread!

A happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment