Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tempo Run ~~~~~

Crazy weather!  This morning, more like autumn than mid summer : cool to cold wind but plenty of sunshine.  I was glad of the cool change because I had to do the longest tempo run in my program:

1.5km easy
3.5km @ ST pace
1.5km easy
1.5km @ ST pace
1.5km easy
3.5km @ ST pace 
1.5km easy.

14.5km

I don't know at what pace I was running the short tempo sections :  the automatic 1km laps, which I should have cancelled but didn't, were overlapping the tempo laps, so I just ran those sections at what felt like a fairly hard effort.  I think the session was a good one :  ran hard when I had to but felt OK while doing so.  I felt quite pleased when I finished, not tired, and three strides towards the end made for what I felt was a worthwhile training session.   Total : 14.5km

 I talk to my tomatoes! This one is called "Beefsteak"....true!
Ripe for the picking!

No comments:

Post a Comment