Saturday, February 07, 2015

Bowral Parkrun #20 ~~~~~

Difficult to get a day as perfect as it was in Bowral this morning : quite cool which was nice, and no humidity which was even nicer.   7:15am at "The Briars" for the usual warm-up jog and a few drills and right on 8:00am off we go....75 walkers/runners...down the wet, slippery grass slope and onto the concrete path for 2.5km and the turn-around.

I knew I was running quite well and felt I just might get below my last PB of 34:45 and I did!  After crossing the finish, I looked at the time on my Garmin 620 and thought I saw 34:43 which wasn't all that exciting but still "beggars can't be choosers" and I'll take anything that's even a second faster!  Then I took another look ....   33:43!  To say I was excited is an understatement of monumental proportions!  Organizers must have thought I'd taken leave of my senses as I raced back, thumping my fists in the air and shouting : 33:43!!  Not the sort of behaviour you'd expect from an 85 year old at all and that's 7 PBs out of 16 runs.

Last week's training went well and that would have had a lot to do with the improvement today I'm sure.  Here are some stats :

Time  :  33:43 (33:42.9 to be exact)
Splits :  6:33;   6:39;   6:40;  6:41;  7:09...up the hill!
Avg. Pace  6:45 m/k
AHR 133 (81%);  MHR 147 (90%)
Points... 79, making a total of 1449 so far.
45th out of 75.
Training Effect (TE) 4  =  Highly Improving! 
Age Graded Score ....   91.5%!   "Bloody Good!", I said out loud and I don't normally use such unseemly language!

I've been so excited all day about today's Parkrun time...can't help it!  I don't think I've fully grown up yet!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment