Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Listening to Music and Spinning ~~~~~

From 12:30 till 1:00pm I listened on ABC Classic FM to Margaret Throsby who played past interviews with Tom Uren and his chosen music at the time of each interview.  I had no idea he was an opera lover and so the 30 minutes of easy spinning on my indoor bike passed very pleasantly, not just with the music but more so hearing his views about peace and people learning to understand and love each other more.  One of his favourite pieces was a cello concerto.  I know nothing at all about how to play the cello but I just 'leave this world behind' whenever I listen to its soothing and sorrowful sound.  For me the cello is the most beautiful and elegant of all musical instruments and this piece brought a tear to my eyes.  Prior to listening to it, I'd seen on a website a human being in a cage, doused with petrol to be burnt to death by Islamic State militants.

I don't know that too many people have heard or heeded any messages form anyone over the decades for peace and understanding. let alone love!

 RIP Tom Uren, aged 93. 

No comments:

Post a Comment