Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Track at Chevalier College ~~~~~

I wasn't pleased with the results of today's track session.  I found it very difficult to run at the specified pace: 7:05m/k isn't fast by any means, its damned slow.  I'm cross and disappointed with myself!  If I don't speed up soon I might as well not do the half marathon in September! Let's see how many excuses I can come up with for such poor results :  it was cold; it was windy, very windy in fact; there were no lanes marked; running around the edge of the oval was rough paddock surface; and lastly, I ate too much chocolate last night! In the first 2 repeats I had to stop several times because I was out of breath; I didn't stop, but ran slower, in the last rep and the time for that says it all about how I was feeling!

10-20 min warm-up .. I did 16 min + Magill drills/strides
3 x 1600m in 11:20 (based on 36min 5km)
10 min cool-down ... I did a walk around oval + stretches.

11:10 (7:00m/k);     11:29(7:07m/k);     12:01 (7:41m/k!!!!)

Chev. College Track


This was not a good session by any stretch of the imagination!


No comments:

Post a Comment