Saturday, August 26, 2017

Bowral Parkrun (with a twist) - My 94th Run ~~~~~

Another exceptionally cold, frosty and foggy parkrun!  However, I was pleased to run the entire course without a walk break and for the first time in a long while - didn't slow down much at all on the final uphill leg.  So, the hill repeats I've been doing on Thursdays for the past 3 weeks just might be paying dividends.  Anyhow, it was encouraging enough for me to continue with the session for  a few more Thursdays.  Besides, I like doing it!

5km in 39:16 (55 seconds better than last Saturday!)
85.44% Age Grading
AHR  123-138bpm;  90% - 101% of max.
TE 2.7  'Maintaining Fitness'
7:57;   7:51;   7:48;   7:39;   8:01





Earlier this morning : 
Alarm rang; dressed quickly; said good-bye to Amy (still curled up on her heated rug!); gave her a treat for no reason other than that I was leaving!  So dark, cold and foggy; not another car on the road; street lights still on.

Briars car park deserted.. except for me! Jump out, start warm-up jog 15 minutes; return to car park - still empty!  Had I got the day wrong?  Was it really Saturday? Yes, yesterday was Friday and tomorrow is Sunday so it must be Saturday!  Where is everyone?  Should be arriving by 7:45am ... as I thought it was!  Check Garmin time -- panic, fright, dismay - it was  6:45am!  I'd got up at 5:15am; Briars at 6:30am; finished warm-up at 6:45am!!

Mortified and with egg on my face, back into the car where I lay low,
emerging 30 minutes later to start the warm-up all over again!

How could this happen?

1 comment: